Wednesday 21 March 2012

IT'S A RACE!!!

Well, with the plethora of online shopping sites everyone are just plain confused. Which site is better than the rest and why??. I was confused too, so I did a mini research and ended up picking 4 online sites.

My purchases were basic drugstore cosmetics that included compact powder, sindoor, kajals, eyeshadows,  mascara, eyeliner, lipbalms, lipgloss, lipsticks, blushes, nail colors , makeup remover, combs, hairspray, hair serum,  makeup tools & brushes. I left out concealers, foundation and primers because I need to find the correct match to my skin colour.

The game rules:
  • The site that has maximum discount, safe packaging, delivers within a decent time frame and friendly customer care service would be the most preferred of the lot, right??
  • The mini marathon was held between four well known beauty online shopping sites.
  •  All purchases were made on the same date 11th of March 2012 .
  •  I made sure of exceeding the minimum order amount so shipping was free of cost for all the orders
  •  My purchase was based on the lowest amount quoted for the product between the sites and/or availability of gift coupons.
  •  All 4 were purchased by COD (cash on delivery)


The 4 sites were:
1) STYLECRAZE.COM

Stylecraze

2) MEDPLUSBEAUTY.COM

Medplusbeauty

3)  HEALTHKART.COM


Healthkart


4. VIOLETBAG.COM

Violetbag



Good:
There were two winners actually. Two sites delivered my order within 4 working days

Bad:
One site did not even acknowledge my order until I called them up. Only after my little chat with their customer care did they even confirm my order. It was delivered within 7 working days.

Another site had actually confirmed my order and shipped it way before others. They even sent me SMS of its due arrival in the evening that too within 3 working days. But somehow their courier partners botched up and my status read "location cannot be found". I went on to send an e-mail in this regard on March 17th and within seconds I was contacted and my product shipment was put on priority basis. I received it within 8 working days. But it was the courier guy's mistake. So I would take that in to account.


            I wanted to include URBANTOUCH.COM but I had made previous purchases with them and they had delivered the next day. But they did not have any sort of discounts like they used to. So I skipped them entirely.

Psst...I had placed my second orders with both the winning sites and both of them already delivered within 3 working days this time!.

So......do you want to know who the winners are??.

               1st Place goes to Stylecraze & Medplusbeauty !!!. Yay!!


On-time delivery, safely packed, great discounts and good customer care service were the USP of  these two sites. Oh and did I mention the variety :D

I will do a review of all products I purchased and the 4 sites in detail in my upcoming posts.

till then tada :)


Note: All the products were bought with my own money. I had used discount voucher of 100 Rs from Healthkart via another blog. I was not paid or influenced by anyone. These are entirely my views and experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment